Horizons for Youth is a shelter for at-risk and homeless youth aged 16-24 in Toronto.
To shelter, prepare and guide homeless and at-risk youth to be contributing community members.
A sharing and growing community where everyone has a home.
What We've Achieved
- Horizons for Youth offers 24 hour intake services, 365 days a year, to ensure that young people in need of a safe place to stay can access one at all times
- Horizons for Youth provides food, shelter and programs to approximately 800 youth each year
- Through our Residential Program, Community Support & Aftercare Program, and Community Kitchens, Horizons for Youth serves over 40,000 meals annually
- The average length of stay at Horizons for Youth is 3 months
- Horizons for Youth offers hundreds of workshops and field trips each year, which help our youth gain the skills needed to live independently
- Every year, over 300 volunteers donate their time to Horizons for Youth
- Our staff make hundreds of referrals each year to employment agencies, school programs, mental health supports, and addictions services
- In 2017, we provided 15,725 safe bed nights (a bed night is a measure of occupancy with each bed filled per night representing one bed night)